” The world will ask you who you are and if you don’t know, the world will tell you” – Carl Jung
I recently heard the above quote while listening to a Joyce Meyer podcast, and it stuck with me. Who do you say you are, who do people think you are.
If you don’t have a strong foundation, people’s opinions will sway you, and form you, and you will be on a never ending quest to please those who truly don’t matter.
We’ve all struggled with feelings of inadequacy, needs of validation, circumstances and life experiences that may have left us scarred. I know I have, and if you haven’t, than I hope that your self value comes from Christ, because validation from anyone or anything apart from Him is temporal.
I’ve penned this post to encourage.
Know that these posts are a means of encouragement , not only for you the reader but for myself as well. A sweet reminder that we all fall short, and that we are who God says we are.
I recently wrote about the importance of confessing positive words over our children and I want to reiterate that the same goes for ourselves.
Below are 10 truths of who you are in Christ- keep them close to your heart!
1.You are strong and courageous – ” Be strong and courageous! Do not fear or tremble before them, for the Lord your God is the one who is going with you. He will not fail you or abandon you!”-Deut. 31:6
2. You are protected- “The Lord will protect you in all you do,
now and forevermore.” – Psalm 121:8
3. Everything you do will be successful – “Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.” Proverbs 16:3
4. You are bold and unafraid – ” No one will be able to resist you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not abandon you or leave you alone.” Joshua 1:5
5. You lack nothing – ” I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.” – Psalm 37:25
6. You are brand new – So then, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; what is old has passed away—look, what is new has come! (2 Corinthians 5:17)
7. You are victorious – ” But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ! ” (1 Cor.15:57)
8. You are chosen – “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that remains, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.” (John 15-16)
9. You are royal – “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” (1 Peter 2:9)
10. You’re connected – ” … because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” – 1 John 4:4
Bookmark this post and revisit often.
What are some scriptures you love? Drop ’em below…
Until next time
pictures by: chuck olu alabi
” “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” Peter answered, “You are the Messiah.””
– Mark 8:29