Social media has single handedly changed the way we interact with each other, it’s given us the ability to connect with people on a global scale and enabled us to have some of our favorite celebs right at our fingertips.
When I moved to Chicago a few years ago, I took to Twitter to learn a little more about the city and formed some wonderful friendships with ladies that now hold a special place in my heart.
Social media has also helped me grow my reading audience. I’m thankful for the fine folks like yourselves who consistently come back to read MNH and continue to share links to my blog posts. With that being said, I want to welcome the new readers to my virtual abode by allowing you to get to know me as well as reacquaint myself with those of you who are already familiar with MNH, by sharing 20 random facts about myself, because that is exactly what you were anticipating this Wednesday LOL!
Shall I proceed, yes indeed!
1.I got my very first “short” haircut in the early 90’s. The inspiration behind the short ‘do was Pam from the girl group Total. I haven’t looked back since.
2. I’ve never met a donut I didn’t like.
3. I met my husband on blackplanet.com and we’ll be married 9 years this coming October. Side note: blackplanet is not what it used to be, visit at your own risk.
4. I don’t like touching Styrofoam. You can only imagine how I feel each time I go out for dinner and they ask me if I want a box for my leftovers.
5. I’m a morning person, the earlier I rise the better I feel. Thankfully, I don’t have to worry about sleeping in, my two small children make sure of that.
6. I’m trilingual. French is my mother tongue, but I’m fluent in English and Lingala; an African dialect from the Democratic Republic of Congo.
7. My family and I came to Canada on a diplomatic assignment in the early 80’s.
8. I didn’t get to attend my high school graduation ceremony because I was missing a credit.
9. I have three brothers, I’m the only girl!
10. I could eat rice for the rest of my life and be completely okay with it. But given that rice is not the best for your digestive system, I’d probably find myself drinking loads of this.
11. I love to laugh, and I consider myself to be quite the jokester. I usually laugh at my own jokes… and I’m okay with that!
12. My husband and I run a business together.
13. I dye my hair jet black because my natural hair color is what I like to call faded brown.
14. I got married at 26.
15. Green is my favorite color.
16. Wearing all white makes me a little nervous, but I still do it! As nervous as it make me , I plan on wearing it after labor day too because I’m “gangsta” like that!
17. 40% of my lexicon consists of rap lyrics. “If you don’t know, now you know”.
18. Although they’ve recently been replaced by Lecrae, Trip Lee and Bizzle. Dead prez, Wu-Tang Clan, The Dogg Pound, Warren G, Tupac and Biggie, were once on heavy rotation and they will always have a special place in my heart.
19. My middle name is Assaba.
20. Simply Best Mango Lemonade has a hold on me, I’m convinced that there’s an addictive substance in it. It’s impossible for something taste so dang good!
outfit details on IG (@milknhonee)
Now it’s your turn!
To those of you who blog, I’m challenging you to share 20 random facts about yourselves with your readers. Make sure to tag this post, or @ me on IG or twitter so I can check it out!
If you don’t blog, no worries you can still participate! Share your randomness on Twitter, Facebook or IG. Not on social media? Drop one, two or three random facts about yourself in the comment section below! I can’t wait to read them.
Until next time!
p.s. check out some sweet inspo on how to rock my white on white on my Pinterest board! Feel free to pin my look too by hovering over the picture.