You would think that cravings would let up in the final weeks of pregnancy, but mine are just as strong as they were at the very beginning.
Last week as I sat at my computer, I had a sudden urge to eat coconut curry chicken with jasmine rice. Who craves such precise foods? Moi!
My cravings have gone from oxtails to cassava leaves (African) to ketchup chips. Yes, ketchup chips, to coffee crisp ( the last two are Canadian delicacies.
Thankfully I had all the ingredients I needed (which never happens) and was able to whip up this delicious dinner for
myself my family!
This is quick, easy and delicious.
Here’s what you’ll need!
1 cup of sliced onions
5 cloves of garlic
Half of 1 bell pepper of your choice ( I used red)
1/2 cup of peas (frozen preferably)
1 can of coconut milk (13.5 oz)
2 tablespoons of curry powder
2 tablespoons of butter
Salt, as desired
1. slice up your onions and bell pepper, chop up your garlic, and cut your chicken in to cubes.
2.In a large skillet, in low heat, heat up your butter. Once it melts, add the curry powder and blend it together.
3. Add your coconut milk and stir together (keep on low heat and set aside)
4. In a different pan, add oil and cook the onions, garlic until slightly cooked and add chicken.
5.Add cooked chicken and bell pepper.
6. Add chicken to curry mix and let it cook for about 30 minutes.
7. Watch you family smile as they devour their plates!
Let me know how it turns out for you.
excuse my un-manicured nails… it be like that sometimes
For more recipes, check out my chicken | yummay board for dinner ideas!
p.s. I added peas in mine, because why not.
Until next time.