snow day blues

hat1

Have you ever been so fed up with something that you decide to no longer let that thing confine you?!

I have, and that thing happens to be snow.

In my few years of living in Chicago I can’t recall a winter where it has snowed every other day.

Grant it, I understand we’re in February and snow typically happens during winter months but a girl has had enough.

I’m over the snow, the polar vortex and Chiberia and I am

very ready for spring and summer.

hat3

hat.h&m (men) // earrings c/o king onye // shirt jcpenney

With that being said I grabbed my denim, my hat and my King Onye earrings and showed Father Winter who’s boss.

hat2

distressed denim.target (old) // boots.Etienne Aigner (same as here)

Snow?… Please! I laugh in the face of snow ;)

Until next time!

11 Comments

• Lorie

February 13, 2014 at 3:25 pm

I feel your pain Charlotte, this winter has been brutal in Toronto too. Its not just the snow but the cold. I just can’t deal anymore. I love whole outfit. You look amaze as per usual!

• Marie Young

February 12, 2014 at 10:33 pm

I love your pictures!!! I’m so about to tumble and pin all of them hahahaha

Yes, I remember those snow storms back when I lived in DC. Now, I’m back on the west coast sun!

xoxo
    from the westside, with love….

GREAT BLOG!

• Charlotte

February 13, 2014 at 7:37 am

Hey Marie!

Thanks for stopping by!

I’m so very done with this snow! Looking forward to warmer months!

A little jealous that you’re on the west coast! Wish I was there right this minute! LOL

Chat soon fellow wildflower xo

• Charlotte

February 11, 2014 at 7:30 am

Hey Jennifer! Girl, I love hats, but (my big head) can only fit ones from the men’s department LOL – So that’s where I get my hats! Check the men’s section next time, you may find one! I did ;) !

• Paulette

February 10, 2014 at 7:32 pm

I feel your pain, girl. In the worst way. As I was trudging through the snow, knocking it off my new high heels as I toughed the 7 degree windchill today for outfit pics, I was just about to go nuts. But, I did it! And you did it! You look terrific. Very louche in your hat. I also wish I could work the midi rings as well as you. I think you and Blair Eadie corner the market on those things. Here’s to spring coming, and long summer evenings on patios.

• Charlotte

February 11, 2014 at 7:29 am

Thanks Paulette! Did you say new high heels? Can’t wait to see them on your blog! I have a bit of an obsession with the midi rings… Actually with rings in general LOL I wear as many as I possibly can all at once. I’m sure you can rock the rings girl! Have you tried them? Ah and yes! Here’s to spring and very long summer evenings on patios!

• Paulette

February 11, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Yes! I will be wearing them in Friday’s post. They’re the ones I posted on Instagram last week. The midi rings fall off when I’m cutting hair, because my fingers have to go through my shears. I have tried! I do wear them on my days off, and I love the look. Can’t wait for margaritas and swimming pools.

• Aracely

February 10, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Girl you and me both!! I’m not used to it being this cold in DC. I have an attitude every day walking out the door! LOL You look super cute Charlotte, loving the denim on denim.

• Charlotte

February 11, 2014 at 7:25 am

Girl, I’ve had it with this weather. I promise, I will NOT be complaining one bit about the heat this summer. Thanks for the nice comment Aracely you rock!