I’m a fan of brussels sprouts.
I’m fully aware that not everyone likes these little cabbages… But I do.
Growing up my parents rarely bought junk food, so my brothers and I were “stuck” eating healthy alternatives. Not to say that our parents didn’t treat us to pizzas and burgers but most of our meals were nutritious.
Now that I have a child of my own, I can understand why our folks weren’t so keen on letting us eat fast food on a regular basis.
In a quest to spruce things up from the usual steamed sprouts, I decided to search one of my favorite sites for inspiration; epicurious.com
Tired of steaming these cabbage like greens? Then this is for you.
You will need –
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 8 ounces flank or skirt steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- Kosher salt
- 4 scallions, whites chopped, greens sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled ginger
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 Fresno chile or jalapeño, sliced into rings
- Steamed rice (for serving)
Want to try it? Get the full recipe at Epicurious.com
Are you a fan of brussels sprouts?
How do you cook yours? Leave a comment below, I would like to know.
Until next time :)